Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Local Wildlife


We have some amazing trout up here...Dave got this one up in a high mountain lake



Saw this loverly rattler while riding with Dave Roevers guys



We have tons of pronghorn around here...just yesterday I saw one stuck on a barbed wire fence. It took him about five minutes of struggle to get through. He was a little...how shall we say...hefty ;) lol



We have a hummingbird feeder right outside our back door, and at any point of the day we have about eight of them drinking. Occasionally they get in the house, and we have to help them find their way out.




This is what we call a "Demon Squirrel"...see the horns?




I love the elk...we saw these on our way to go fishing in the Arkansas one day.

2 comments:

Dusty Penguin said...

What beautiful photos. I can't believe you actually caught that hummingbird! Such a beautiful place. I miss it so much! And I miss you more.

Dusty Penguin said...

Did you take these on your camera? I hope that rattlesnake picture was taken with a telephoto lens!! And I hope Dave puts a few trout in the freezer for my next visit:)