Saturday, April 7, 2007

Work



This is me before work. This is what I get to wear every day. T-shirt, jeans, boots, baseball cap, sunglasses. It rocks. It doesn't even have to match! Although I usually make that much effort at least. Anyways I know some of you have wondered what, if anything, I do these days. I work for an Equine (horse) vet, and we mostly take care of polo ponies. My day starts at 8:30 AM. I go to the office and stock up the truck with medicines of every variety, bandage material, surgical supplies, etc. I clean everything, sweep out the car, and so on and so forth. Then we head out. We go to several different farms, sometimes we have them on a schedule and sometimes they don't call with a problem but when we get there they bring out five or six horses and we're there for hours. Which can be a little irritating. We do surgeries and a lot of X-rays and ultrasounds on injured legs. One of my jobs is to set up the X-ray or the ultrasound machines. Which can get old on days when I have to do it a lot. Mostly it's okay though. It's a pretty cool job. I have learned a lot and met lots of great horses and famous people. And this whole post sounds like I'm a hick with no writing skills but I'm tired so this is what you get!

2 comments:

Hannatu said...

I loved your post with the teeth and glasses. LOL!!!! But there's more to the story. "And I stoled these glasses from my little cousin and she cries herself to sleep every night cuz she can't see no more and now she's not cool neither cuz she doesn't have her awesome glasses no more." Anyway, I'm glad you're going to CO. What a God-thing! Flying....cool!

Hannatu said...

I love you, too! Can't wait to see you this summer.