Friday, April 6, 2007

FLYING!!!



I had SUCH a super-cool day today. I went FLYING!!!!!!!!! My friend Andrew is a commercial pilot and his roomate owns a Cessna 172 that he lets Drew use if he pays for the gas. So he took me up for 2 hours. And, not only did we go flying, but I got to take off. All by myself! And I did all the flying to get over the Everglades, and then we did a whole bunch of touch-and-goes and I got to (attemp) to land for three of them. With lots of help. Drew walked me through it doing it himself the first time. Then my first time I only got the back wheels down before we had to take off, the second time...well, not successful, and the third time...I did it!! Not smoothly, and with help on the rudder and such, but still! Then he took over and practiced himself. But while we were over the Everglades we did SO much cool stuff. He taught me how to do a basic stall, which I did and he said I would have passed my test, then he taught me a stall with flaps, but I went too far off my heading to pass that one. The he did these negative G's, ( like in the space shuttle where everything floats) Yes, we only did them for a few seconds, but we definitely FLOATED along with the clipboard and the stuff in the back seat. TOO AWESOME!!! I guess it was pretty obvious how much I loved that because he did it a bunch more times. I didn't even realize you could do that in a small plane. We did a bunch of other great stuff too, and I got to do the basic flying for a lot of it. It was just SO much fun. I still want to get a pilots license. Sometimes I wish I had taken the offer from Embry-Riddle. Oh well. It was just a really great day. Oh yeah, the pic is not the plane we were in, but it's the same kind. Just so y'all have an idear what it looks like.

No comments: